8.25.2008

Teaching Sunday School...

Yesterday was my turn to teach the preschool age Sunday School class at our church. I substitute for the regular teacher about once a month or so. I always look forward to spending the time with the kids, however I dread trying to be "creative" with the lessons. Anyway, yesterday we learned about how important it is to follow God's instructions, even when they don't always make sense to us. We made home made playdough for our hands on project. It was a hit! The kids loved it and Honey & I had fun too.
The ingredients were strange and the kids had their own thoughts on what we were making. Actually, I think they thought I was a bit crazy...

I wanted to share the recipe...it was very easy and tons of fun.

This play dough is colorful and has a wonderful fragrance too. The kids just love it!
Ingredients: 1/2 cup salt
2-1/2 cups flour
2 packages Kool-Aid
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups boiling water
Directions: Mix dry ingredients. Add oil. Add water and knead.Storage: Store in plastic bags in the refrigerator.
**Hint: Don't add all the water at once. You may not need the entire 2 cups!
Enjoy!!

No comments: