2.13.2013

$0 Balance

For the last several months, I've been praying that God would, in some way, pay Quintin's medical bills.  I just wanted that monthly reminder of my loss to be gone!!  I want to grieve and process with out the worry of debt.  Selfish!? Not one bit.  It's been almost 7 months and we will be making payments for a while yet. We are actually still waiting on bills from CHOP, and one another transport company.  And, let me just say, I'm not sharing this information with you in an attempt to gain your pity, or anything else for that matter.  I am hoping that you will see just how awesome our God is!!  That He does care, and He will see our needs and supply for them.  

All of the bills we received so far, have either been paid off or set up on payment plans.  However, we still had an ambulance transport bill for Quin, in the amount of $4600.  I received a notice stating that the insurance company had denied it and would not be paying.  I expected that.  I know that a lot of insurance companies don't cover ambulance fees.  I know I did the wrong thing, but I put the bill aside and did nothing about it for 3 months.  Bad...I know!!  But I allowed my grief to control that decision.  I just didn't want to face it!  Anyway, yesterday, while making some other phone calls, I decided to call the transport company, out of curiosity.  I needed to know how much we owed them.  After about 5 minutes talking to the billing manager, and 2 or 3 minutes on hold...she came back on the phone and said, "Mrs. Martin, I'm not sure what happened...but it looks like you have a $0 balance.  You owe us nothing!".   I was completely dumb-founded.  I had not expected that, and I had no idea what to say in response.  Considering the ONLY communication I had with them had said that it had been denied by the insurance, I expected to have to pay the full balance.  Somehow, someway...God paid my bill!! I'm not sure what happened, it doesn't really matter...but He did it!

My prayer was answered and then some!!  As I was typing this, the idea of a $0 balance reminded me of another way our debt has been paid, in full...on the CROSS!  

1 comment:

The Amstutz Family said...

I love this, Jerri! Thanks for sharing.