10.03.2012

Refuge


I know in my last post I warned that this blog is about to get ugly.  I decided I'm going to save all the heart wrenching stories for another day.  Today, I'm choosing to share one of my favorite verses.

Yesterday, I was having an "I don't have any friends" kinda day.  I know, that's silly and juvenile.  I DO have friends, some really awesome ones at that. Most of which, I am extremely grateful for!!!  However, yesterday I decided that I was going to focus on some of the people that had disappointed me in one way or another.  Ridiculous, I know.  Suddenly I was feeling very alone.  Surprised?!

I originally sat down to the computer to put together a (very) short devotion for our bible study group tonight, when I was reminded of one of my favorite verses.  

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.


Yesterday is gone, and so is my "I don't have any friends" attitude.  Thank goodness!!  I wish I could get a "re-do" for yesterday, so I could undo my attitude and make the most of my day.  But, I can't.  So, instead...today, I will take refuge in my Heavenly Father and trust in his will for my life; and I am going to be grateful for the amazing friends God has blessed me with.

No comments: